Causes of Low Libido
There are many reasons that you could be suffering for low libido, many of them are fairly obvious if you take the time to stand back and think about your life for a while.
Luckily, many of the common reasons for a low sex drive are also easily fixed with a little common sense. On this page we'll go through many of the main causes of low libido - emotional and physical.
Possible causes of low libido include:
Emotional conditions that lower libido - especially female sex drive.
- General stress (visit our de-stress hypnosis pages or this comprehensive Symptoms of Stress Site). Stress unsets the normal hormone balance of the body.
- Normal relationship - lack of excitement. Spice up your long term relationship.
- Fear of pregnancy - If possible, talk things through with your partner. Find a safe sex method that you're both fully confident using.
- Relationship Problems - Lack of libido during problems periods in your relationship is normal. Your sex drive should return once the issues are sorted out.
- Anxiety - fear of future events, often based on past experiences. Talking about your fears with a close friend, therapist or doctor can help ease any sexual anxieties you may have.
- Depressive conditions
- Post-natal depression
- Premature Ejaculation - causes anxiety and stress.
More General Physical Reasons for Low Libido
- Alcoholism - quite common cause of loss of libido.
- Abuse of drugs - such as cocaine or cannabis.
- Anemia - unusual unless the man has been bleeding for any reason.
- Obesity - quite a common reason for low libido; simply losing weight down will often help increase libido levels to normal.
- Prescribed drugs - things like Proscar (finasteride), a tablet used for prostate problems. Blood pressure medications, antidepressants and psychiatric drugs.
- Low male hormone level (testosterone) - this is not a common reason for low libido, this is rarer than most of us think it is.
- Any major 'generalized' medical condition - flu, Glandular fever, Diabetes or any illness that cause tiredness and fatigue.
Exercise to Enhance Your Libido and Sex Drive
Exercise regularly and you are likely to feel your libido increase. Exercise gets the the blood flowing around the body, it gets the heart pumping and is good for increasing the hormones, and increasing blood flow to the genitals. Any kind of exercise will help, it doesn't have to be going to the gym.
Swimming, running, cycling and even a brisk walk are all good exercises to do regularly that will help with low libido levels.